If you haven’t heard of Shy; The “Afro Trap Queen”, then you must be living under a rock! The talented Canadian based artist with Kenyan roots is the next big thing. Her latest upbeat soft trap song, “On Me” produced by Drew80hd is all about women empowerment, self love and self awareness. Men, if you’re feeling the vibe, you’re welcome to sing along! The energy of the record is so dope. Shy is sending us a powerful message here; So, after listening to this song, don’t waste your time with toxic relationships. Here are 5 things we loved about “On Me.”
1. Ever wonder why girls take forever to get dressed? Well, thanks to Shy, the secret is exposed! The video starts off with the beauty doing her makeup and getting ready for the club. She looked flawless, confident and ready to party. This scene is so relatable and we love it! Also, those braids are on point!
2. One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and be understood. Instead of getting mad at Shy for taking too long to get dressed, she boosts her up! “Don’t look at me, it’s all about you”, she said. Now, that’s a friend! We love this scene! Her friend was complimenting her and making her feel good. We all need supportive friends during breakups.
3. I got my best friends right here! This scene is giving us some “I am Out” Vibes by Ciara Ft. Nicki Minaj. The artists fearlessly celebrated her breakup with her best friends. So, let’s toast to that!
4. She don’t care no more, she move on for sure! The artist delivered her legendary lyrics in swag and was styled by one of the best stylists in Canada, Antoinette Johnson. The cute outfits we see her rocking throughout the video are from Alluring Dolls Boutique!
5. A toxic relationship will destroy your self-esteem and make it hard to focus on positive areas of your life. Shy validated this point with her lyrics, ” I felt the chokehold. Wouldn’t let me grow, I had to let you go.” Towards the end of the video, she looks confident and liberated by the ocean. Ocean symbolizes freedom, purity and cleansing. It’s a sign that the artist is starting a new chapter, and is on to bigger and better things. We can’t wait to hear more from Shy. She’s truly unique with the voice of an angel. Check out the official “ON ME” video below and subscribe to her channel!